Painting on fabric is totally a different experience – because it needs a lot of patience. I got inspired for this kind of painting when my sister presented me a hand painted bed sheet on my anniversary.
Here is a pattern which you can download. See below to find the details of material required and step by step procedure.
Material required for Fabric painting:
- Cotton cloth
- Cloth ring
- Paint brush
- Fabric color
- Fabric color medium
- Pattern on tracing paper/ you can do free hand drawing
Step by step procedure:
- Take a cotton cloth; wash it with water. Remember to remove the starch (if any) properly. Sometimes the cloth get shrink on first wash so prewashing is a good idea to start with fabric painting.
- Iron the cloth after wash to remove all wrinkles. Wrinkles may result to disaster for fabric painting.
- Draw/Trace the pattern on cloth.
- Fix the cloth ring on the fabric from where you have to start the painting.
- Complete the portion inside the cloth ring. Let it dry completely and then move onto another portion.
- You can simply fill the color or to have an innovative look try shading it as is done in the pattern.
- Once you finish with painting and drying procedure your last step will be to wash the bed sheet with water before use.
Keep reading for my next post on Deco patch.